- Preparing the building site for the 1st phase of the project
- Setting up profiles to give information about the positioning of the build
- Excavating footings to pour concrete footings
- Pour concrete footings
- Lay block/brick foundations
- Import quarried graded hardcore to infill if needed
- Set up shuttering boards to create concrete floor slab
- Set up shuttering for any services or jointing pits if required
- Lay service ducts if required
- Lay and compact quarried hardcore
- Make Radon sump/sumps
- Lay and compact sand blinding
- Lay Radon membrane/ damp proof membrane (DP.)
- Lay steel work and anti cracking mesh
- Pour concrete floor slab
- Dismantle shuttering boards
- Set out perimeter walls and internal walls if specified.
- Take the build up to wall plate fixing 1st floor joists at 1st floor level.
- Lay wall plate and secure ready to take roof structure.
If the super structure is to be built from block, the 1st course of block will need to be set out as the spec states, marking internal room layouts and perimeters.
The damp proof course’s (DPC’s,) will need to be laid out and weep holes formed.
Windows and door openings to be formed, lintels to be built in and cavity trays to be fitted where specified. Cavity insulation to be fitted as the specification states.
The super structure can be built using different methods, it may be specified that the build is to be of a timber frame detail. There are many different systems available to create a super structure from timber. The build can be made from timber panels with window openings and doorways pre formed by the manufacturer. The panels can be made from sheet timber material sandwiching a layer of insulation and erected in kit form. The timber frame idea can also be used with skins of masonry.